It started when I sprained my ankle while carrying a large armful of firewood. It’s swollen, even though it doesn’t hurt. My left ankle seems to have weakened; I’m prone to stumbling on that side now. Every time I do, it swells up. Sometimes, it aches. I think, the fact that I can walk means there is nothing wrong with my bones. That implies that even if I endured the wait at the hospital—feeling irritated all the while—and got an X-ray, the doctor would likely just prescribe painkillers and a compress, and that would be it.
This leaf is effective as a poultice. To use it, lightly toast a single leaf over a flame until it softens, let it cool, and then apply it.
If you have sensitive skin and—like me—are the type who gets a rash even from drugstore medicated patches, then use these leaves only at night. They are fully effective even with just nighttime use.
This plant is called Tsuwabuki ; its English name is... Farfugium japonicum ? It belongs to the Asteraceae family and bloom yellow flowers the same time that chrysanthemums bloom. If you want to plant it in your garden, it is a good idea to carefully observe and remember the shape of the flowers so you can distinguish it. While there are other plants with similar leaves, once they bloom, you can see that they are completely different.
The leaves are extremely stiff and have a sheen that looks like a film coating.
It is known in folk medicine to be effective for various other skin problems as well,( Stiff shoulders, Swellings, bruises, frostbite, boils, cuts, burns and tec, )
No comments:
Post a Comment