Monday, April 15, 2024

Dyed in Mocha Frappucchino

 I thought it would definitely turn black. But the result was the color of the cold drink.. 


 I don't think this article is interesting because the seeds of this tree is endemic to Japan. However, I will keep it as a record, and if you happen to be walking in a forest in Japan and find the seed someday, I would like you to remember it. 

Yashabushi ヤシャブシ

100g seeds were gathered for 100g of wool yarn. After mordanting the wool, I boiled the seeds for 15 to 30 minutes to make a brown liquid, then boiled the wool again for about 15 minutes. 


Too bad it is spotty. 

I used mordant of iron this time. Old iron nails are heated red and soaked in rice vinegar and water for 3 days until they turn green. 


The tree " Yashabushi" is so nondescript. 


The height is approximately 10 meters, and the seeds falling on the ground. 


It was around October

I might probably knit gloves with it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment